By Souls of Silver
In the modern world, our mind is seldom at rest. We are always trying to do something to escape the silence of our minds. Either we drown ourselves in constant work or we just start binge-watching a show on Netflix. And if there is nothing to watch on Netflix, we fill our ears and mind with music. Other times, our eyes are stuck on the phone, browsing through social media. Somehow, we feel lost and we do not want to admit it. We are not at peace. Now, more than ever, we require a peaceful zen life.
While meditation and yoga are all quite trending terms, are we really actively doing it? No – we don’t mean a yoga pose just for Instagram. Are we actually adopting the Zen life? Probably not. It just seems too much of hard work. Hard work in finding our inner self – the inner conflict. It seems like we are afraid of ourselves, our silence, and so, we are always escaping it. Well, here are some zen life quotes that might help your mind rest and find yourself:
1. Let go, or be dragged. – Zen Proverb
Start by letting go of whatever seems to hold you. As long as you hold on to something, it will pull you back. Let go of the weight.
2. To seek is to suffer. To seek nothing is bliss. – Bodhidharma
Don’t go out seeking happiness, pleasure or the next binge-worthy show. Rather, be at peace with yourself.
3. Wise men don’t judge – they seek to understand. – Wei Wu Wei
If you are well on your way in the zen life, then don’t judge others who are not. Rather, just understand their position and let them be.
4. Wherever you are, it’s the place you need to be. – Maxime Lagacé
Don’t let your mind wander to other places. Don’t think of how life would be if you were born in France or if you were on the beaches of Mauritius. Wherever you are – it is the best place to be in.
5. The noble-minded are calm and steady. Little people are forever fussing and fretting. – Confucius
Do not fuss – neither with your mouth nor in your mind. Always seek calmness. Find calmness within and your outside will seem calmer still.
6. Nothing ever goes away until it has taught us what we need to know. – Pema Chödrön
Know that whatever you face has a lesson to teach you. Don’t run away from it – learn something from it.
7. Only the hand that erases can write the true thing. – Meister Eckhart
You can make mistakes. It’s a very human thing to do. But also be the hand that erases those mistakes. Don’t fling that responsibility on someone else.
8. The search for happiness is one of the chief sources of unhappiness.– Eric Hoffer
There’s nothing called a fixed state of happiness. Don’t go around seeking it – you will forever be left unhappy.
9. The mind of the beginner is empty, free of the habits of the expert, ready to accept, to doubt, and open to all the possibilities. – Shunryu Suzuki
Be a beginner always – be open to possibilities and always learn. The wonder of a child learning the alphabet is greater than the adult getting a job.
10. Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.– Bruce Lee
Don’t have rigidity in your mind or body. Be without a rigid form and you can be at peace anywhere, anytime.
Let the zen life bless you with peace and eternal confidence.
If the zen life suits you, then share this article with your friends and family and help them achieve the zen lifestyle.