By Souls of Silver
Most of us must have heard the name of Osho at least once in our lifetime. Many of us might have even followed him at one point in our lives. He is unique in his position as a spiritual guru because of the way he approaches life. He does not preach fanaticism but preaches in a way that everyone can relate to.
His fan following gained momentum in the 1970s when many youngsters flocked to his Ashram from the west, wanting to undergo spiritual transformation.
Osho’s real name was Chandra Mohan Jain. He, later on, came to be called Acharya Rajneesh and also Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh by his followers. Osho’s followers have described him as a charismatic and engaging person who used to have spontaneous conversations with his disciples.
His approach towards life, his unique insight and his humor have impressed more than a million people worldwide. A decade has passed after his death but his followers have only increased. His talks have been published in as many as 35 languages, and there exist around 650 books about him.
Today we choose to share 10 quotes on Love by him which will inspire you any day:
1. “When you love, love as if the person is a god, not less than that. Never love a woman as a woman and never love a man as a man.”
2. “If you love a person, you accept the total person. With all the defects. Because those defects are a part of the person. Never try to change a person you love, because the very effort to change says that you love half, and the other half of the person is not accepted. When you love, you simply love.
3. “To me there is nothing more sacred than love and laughter, and there is nothing more prayerful than playfulness.” When you are in love, all fears disappear, and when you become loved yourself, even death becomes irrelevant. Jesus is not very far away from the truth when he says, “God is love.” Certainly God is power, the greatest power. I want to improve upon Jesus: I don’t say God is love, I say love is God. To me God is only a symbol and love is a reality. God is only a myth — love is the experience of millions of people. God is only a word, but love can become a dance in your heart.”
4. “Love in its purest form is a sharing of joy. It asks nothing in return, it expects nothing. Love is a spiritual phenomenon; lust is physical. Ego is psychological; love is spiritual.”
5.”And remember one fundamental law of life. If they are hostile, they have hate towards us, sooner or later they are going to fall into my trap, because hate can turn into love very easily, just as love can become hate very easily.”
6. “Be loving towards yourself, then you will be able to love others too.”
7. “Once a person is at the center of love, there is very rarely a possibility for him to fall back down, because he has tasted something of the heights. Now valleys will be very dark, ugly; he has seen sunlit peaks, not very high, but still high; now his whole desire will be….“
8. “And that is the trouble with all lovers: they want more love, because they don’t understand that the real desire is not for more love, but for something more than love. Their language ends with love; they don’t know any way that is higher than love, and love does not satisfy. On the contrary, the more you love the more thirsty you become. At the fourth center of love, one feels a tremendous satisfaction only when energy starts moving to the fifth center.”
9. “The key to happiness: You may speak of love and tenderness and passion, but real ecstasy is discovering you haven’t lost your keys after all. Women begin by resisting a man’s advances and end by blocking his retreat. If you want to change a woman’s mind, agree with her. If you want to know what a woman really means, look at her – don’t listen to her. ”
10. “If you love somebody and the whole day you say, “I love you, I love you,” many times – and you enjoy saying it – in the beginning the other person may be happy, but sooner or later the thing is going to be too much. “I love you, I love you” – you are making a beautiful word useless. Don’t use it too much. Then it is significant, then it carries some meaning. In fact those who are really in love may not use it at all. If the love is not shown by itself it cannot be said – there is no need to say it. And if it is shown by itself, then what is the need to say it? There should be a few key words which you use rarely, very rarely. They should be kept for rare occasions when you touch a peak.”
So, felt inspired?